The purpose of the Carlisle Garden Club is to increase the knowledge and love of gardening in our members and in the community and to aid in protecting and promoting our community’s botanical environment.
We welcome anyone interested in gardening to become a member. Our meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month (except January, February, July, and August) at 1 p.m. Meetings are typically held at Two Mile House in Carlisle. To learn more about participating in a meeting, email [email protected]
Two Mile House, 1189 Walnut Bottom Road, Carlisle, PA 17013
Directions: Take Exit 45/Walnut Bottom Road from I-81. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp if going South; turn right at the bottom of the ramp if going North. Go approximately 1 mile on Walnut Bottom Road, and the Two Mile House is located on the right.
- Civic beautification projects such as maintaining gardens for local nonprofits including the Molly Pitcher Gravesite, the gardens at Two Mile House, Project SHARE and the Letort Trailhead. The club also provides funds for 22 hanging flower baskets in the 100 block of North Hanover Street.
- Annual $1,000 scholarship to a high school student pursuing horticulture or related studies.
- Two annual fundraising events: The Greens Sale in November and the May Mart Sale just before Mother’s Day.
- Garden therapy programs for community nursing homes.
- Providing information and education about gardening, conservation and birds during regular meetings. The Club was responsible for having Carlisle proclaimed a “bird sanctuary.”
Join the Carlisle Garden Club